Okay, I said the next entry would be on completion of this model, but it’s been so long since the last one that I figured I could write one in between to give you a bit of an idea on what’s been going on.
As mentioned previously, the assembly of the model is done, and it was ready for paint. Sadly, that’s where the trouble started. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to try a new paint that I used on mini-Brünhilda which gave a great chrome finish. But instead of trying it on a piece of scrap plastic first, I figured it would be fine and went straight for the actual model. Well, sh*t, that didn’t go as planned. For some reason the primer and chrome paint absolutely hated each other, and the paint work now looks like the cracked surface of the salt flats in California.
Obviously, I can’t finish the model like this, which means the next step will be to strip it all off again (haven’t figured out yet how I’m going to do this) before having another attempt at painting the model with my trusty lacquers. I’ll let you know when I get there, as I currently have to gather some courage and motivation to start this process.
Return to Previous Page
Comp. Reg. (UK): 13778584
VAT. Reg. (UK): 398 4757 24
Niek Nijsen Ltd. © 2008 -
All Rights Reserved